Organic Shea Nilotica Butter
What is Shea Nilotica Butter?
Unlike the more common Western African shea butter, which is often hard and waxy, this Northern Ugandan raw, unrefined shea nilotica butter is creamier and softer and has more beneficiary properties than any other shea butter variety. Due to these qualities, it is considered more luxurious compared to the Western African shea. It melts and spreads nicely on the skin which makes it wonderful multi-purpose product for the whole family including little children.
Shea Nilotica has higher olein content than Western African shea butter, making it less waxy. Shea Nilotica also suits better to be applied on the face compared to Western African shea. It is also much easier to spread and very much suitable for applying on the larger areas of the body.
Organic shea nilotica butter is rich in essential fatty acids (especially Omega -9) and vitamins A, E, F and K. It contains high content of anti-inflammatory components and is especially recommended for dry and atopic skin.
What is special in our Organic Shea Nilotica Butter?
- Made from certified organic shea nilotica
- 100% pure and natural, unrefined, cold-pressed
- Has pleasantly mild, sweet and slightly nutty aroma
- Soft and creamy texture
- Packed in beautiful amber brown glass jar (no plastic involved) to optimally preserve the precious shea butter
- Helps Northern Ugandan farmers to make better living (please read the final chapter of this page)
Skin Care Benefits of Organic Shea Nilotica Butter
- High content of essential fatty acids (especially omega-9)
- High content of vitamins A, E, F and K
- Highly moisturizing, absorbs rapidly
- Easy to spread on skin
- Great skin healing properties (eczema, skin allergies, scars, sunburns, rosecia and different forms of dermatitis)
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Prevents signs of premature aging
- High in cinnamic acid, that is also known to be a natural sunscreen
- Totally free of chemicals
How to use Shea Nilotica Butter?
Shea Nilotica can be used daily to maintain glowing, soft and beautiful skin. It can be applied a number of times a day without adding other products.
- Face: Massage shea nilotica butter into face and under eyes. You don't need to apply any other oils or creams.
- Body: Massage shea nilotica into f.ex. arms, legs, thighs, abdomen.
Shea Nilotica and the Social Aspect
Since the late eighties, Northern Uganda has been the scene for the violent insurgency of the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA), a guerrilla group, for over 20 years. In 2006, the security situation gradually improved, many IDPs (Internally Displaced Persons) returned to their villages and ancestral lands. They faced the difficult task of rebuilding their lives and homes. Many had lost one or several family members and their homes and lands were burnt. During and after the war, many mature shea trees had been cut down for firewood and the centuries old practice of shea farming almost disappeared.
Today: More than 2,000 independent farmers have been trained to re-learn the value of growing, farming and trading the shea nilotica. What’s more, following years of lobbying, the felling of shea trees for firewood has finally become illegal, ensuring the sustainability of the environment and the restoration of a centuries-old practice of cultivating shea.
By using Northern Ugandan shea nilotica, environment and local traditions are conserved and an honest livelihood is achieved. Food aid is no longer necessary for farmers the grow and trade shea nilotica.
Buy Our Organic Shea Nilotica Butter
|Buy Organic Shea Nilotica Butter|